Monday, March 21, 2011

Tree Swing

When we first moved into the house Dave decided to make one of my life-long wishes come true and made me a tree swing:


My version of a tree swing would involve throwing a rope over a tree limb and attempting to get some sort of seat fashioned to it. Being an engineer, he screwed eye hooks into the branch which he connected to the rope with hooks to make the swing easily removable in case of a snow storm (Alabama?). He made the seat of cedar so that it would be somewhat weather resistant and used a fairly smooth brown cord for a more natural look and comfortable grip. He also had me sit on the swing while he made several adjustments so that it was perfectly balanced. I'm definitely happy he is the one on the construction end of most of our projects. I can think of good ideas but don't have the patience or precision execution that he does even on the smallest and silliest of jobs. :-) 

5 comments:

  1. Whew wee that is one gorgeous swing! We have one as well that our children spend hours on but it doesn't look as pretty as your does. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart...I just love this! I have vivid memories of swinging on a tree swing in my backyard as a child. Oh the simplicity of those moments! I think I could use one now even more. :-) That is absolutely so sweet and thoughtful of your husband to do this!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a very sweet man to put that much effort into installing your little dream swing...love it.

    blessings,

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, I agree wholeheartedly! I couldn't ask for a sweeter husband and I am amazed every day that I get to be his wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me wish for summer even more! Still a bit cold and rainy here in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete