Monday, April 28, 2014

Gluten Free Almond Meal Chocolate Chip Cookies


So I don't normally do food posts, but these are seriously yummy... 



Almost two years ago I found out I had a problem with gluten. About six months ago I found out I also have a tapioca allergy, which excludes most gluten free flours and bakery mixes from my diet. I'm always in search of a good cookie recipe since chocolate chip cookies are my FAVORITE! I found an awesome one over at Meaningful Eats, and have since played with it until arriving at my own version. This recipe makes about 30 cookies.


  • 1/2 cup butter (one stick) softened
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or whatever oil you like)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar, or whatever)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips
  • Whatever other little fun goodies you want to add on top (I used m&ms this time)

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together butter, peanut butter, grapeseed oil, and brown sugar in a mixer until well combined.
  3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until blended.
  4. Add baking powder and salt, mix.
  5. Add almond flour one cup at a time and mix.
  6. Fold in coconut, flax seed, and chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
  7. Drop dough onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and press down the cookies with your spoon. You can put them about an inch apart as they don't spread too much once you have pressed them down. 
  8. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes on pan.
  9. Try not to eat all of them immediately :-)



Jam Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment